Friday, July 3, 2009

BEAR STEAKS & GRIZZLY JAKE


Dedicated to: Chef Elizabeth
You can take the girl out of the country, but
you can never take the country out of the girl.

BEAR STEAKS AND GRIZZLY JAKE
Grizzly Jake was a hunter without equal.
His mission in life was killing bears. Each hunting season was just another bear shooting sequel.
He kept his freezer full of bear steak cuisine.
Jake was even featured, once, in a national hunting magazine.
Well, at the last hunting trip that he went on,
the gun got jammed and Jake was gone.
They found his vest and one insulated boot
beside a gun that wouldn't shoot.
There are two very important lessons to be learned from this misadventure, as far as I can tell.
I'm sure Jake learned both lessons very well.
First: Enjoyment of hunting really depends on your point of view.
That is, whether you be the hunter, or, the hunter be hunting you.
Second: Enjoyment of a nice dinner all depends on your perspective.
That is, whether you be the chooser of dinner from the menu, or, you be the dinner menu elective.

Copyright: Gordon Hand

4 comments:

  1. Ha ha! How true! I'd rather be the hunter than the hunted, let me tell you! But your story makes me want to opt for vegetarianism - I have never heard of a "lettuce attack!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute!

    Blessings for you and your's on this our Nations Independence Day.
    God Bless America and God Bless You!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beware Audrey in some veggie tales there be a head of iceberg who might decide to make you its dinner wrap, with a dollop of teriyaki or sweet chili sauce...

    Gordon- I love this! I read it to my hubby and we laughed with great love of nature joy...how you make me want to work on my rhyming...and your right I am a country girl through and through...married to a city boy, but with a country soul...

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is very cute. what a talent! take care and enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete