Sunday, July 5, 2009

Friday Shoot-out: TEXTURES

I will be away during the shoot-out on Friday. Therefore, I am posting these two shots of texture very early because I am leaving for a fishing adventure in Alaska with my grandson, Cameron. I will not be able to post new member links. I will not be answering any more queries until the 16th of this month when I return. Patty and Chef Elizabeth will do a great job holding down the fort, I'm sure.

Salmon scales. I'll see lots of them this week.

I find it very curious that Scruffy's eye reflection in the window is red. Click and enlarge the image. It's kinda spooky. Maybe it is his devilish alter ego casting a spell on all of you.
Scruffy, is being extra helpful around the house, hoping that I'll buy him a ticket for the flight to Alaska. Hmmm....maybe!
****
Goodbye everyone! Have a memorable Friday!

15 comments:

  1. Hey Gordon - have a great trip to Alaska with Cameron! What a wonderful experience for both of you! And please bring back lots of Whatzit pics for Noe Noe, J9 and I. You will be missed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blessings for a wonderfully enjoyable, safe and exciting trip, Gordon :)

    I didn't think that stuffed critter's could have the red eyes...hmmmm...maybe this is his love shining through :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a fantastic trip Gordon. I know you will be treating us with some wonderful pictures when you get back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohhhhh, I wanna go to Alaska too!
    Scruffy is revealing his demonic side. I hope this mutates into a twisted caper.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh have fun and if you happen to come to Soldotna look me up at Harry's Restuarant at the Y in town. Have a safe journey and enjoy our weather has been awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a great fishing trip @ Alaska!!
    The fish scale is fantastic. At first, it looked like golden roof tiles to me ;).
    Does the cute squirrel go along with you for the fishing?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think Scruffy has his eye of Crabby Crab. He is red, after all. Maybe they will get together one day. Crabby Crab is very lonely, and has been looking high and low for a girlfriend. Wonder what you would get if you crossed a squirrel with a crab?

    Anyway, hope to see some whopper fish photos when you return.

    ChefE: In Gordon's absence, you are picking someone to pick our assignment for July 17.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow, I thought that was a basket!!

    Have a great trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have a great trip to Alaska! I love your first shot!

    ReplyDelete
  10. GREAT texture! And fun.
    ;^)
    Have a wonderful time on your trip!
    ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy salmon fishing with your grandson! The fish scale photo is great: I thought at first they were snake scales.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are the very first person I've ever known to say .....be back I'm going fishing in Alaska!

    How amazing. I hope it was wonderful. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. never thought salmon scales look so beautiful. Have a great fishing trip. Don't let any get away.

    I am still on hols, baking in the Malaysian heat.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh sorry I missed you. I got your note that you dropped by my work! Darn I love to meet new people and hope you are having a wonderful trip!
    Be Blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great textures! Hope you are having a great time!

    ReplyDelete