Thursday, April 22, 2010

SHOOT-OUT: PLANTERS

PLANTERS
A tiny acorn in the wild
Is, somewhat, like a little child.
Small children need our loving care,
But, for an acorn, help is rare.
It takes a planter, kind and wise,
To hear their silent fervent cries.
If we could like the planter be,
And take the time to save a tree,
Or help a child grow strong and tall,
They, both, would surely bless us all.
It takes a planter to invoke
The spirit of a mighty oak.
So, may we always do our part
To teach a child in mind and heart.
As planters, may we live to see
An endless oaken canopy.
Copyright-Gordon Hand

Thanks for stopping by. Help a child grow strong and tall.
May all of your children and grandchildren have the spirit of a mighty oak. Earth Days will be great, forever.

15 comments:

  1. What a huge tree! a perfect place to just hang around under it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful thoughts, Gordon, and a magnificent tree to go with them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As always, wonderful picture as well as written words. HAve a blessed weekend, Gordon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful thoughts "planted" in that poem, Gordon. I think I enjoyed it more than the accompanying photo--and that's saying something.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gordon the poem gave me cold chills, that means I was moved. Wonderful job for this theme. Such a great theme for this month of April.
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the poem! Reminds me of gathering acorns on the playground in elementary school!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have a way with words, and I am sure with growing a child up to be fun, wise, and a caring grown up version of 'Gordon' :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a perfect tribute to Earth Day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. your poem makes me think of what I do very day. How important we are as we mold the children's mind as teachers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. wonderful poem. the mighty oak is a lovely tree.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gordon, I am constantly impressed with your poetry. I have grabbed it to use in 'spotlight'
    hugs from Brasil

    ReplyDelete
  12. There you are, Gordon. I thought you had dropped out. I just saw your name on another blog. I have to catch you guys/gals when I see your names. But I am retiring in May, so there will more time for blogging.

    An oak-sized lesson in your wonderful acorn-sized poem.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gordon, where are you? We missed you.

    ReplyDelete